Watch this link

New best story on Hacker News: Show HN: Heynote – A dedicated scratchpad for developers

Show HN: Heynote – A dedicated scratchpad for developers
525 by jonatanheyman | 170 comments on Hacker News.
Hey! I made Heynote entirely for my own use case. For many years, I always had an Emacs instance running with the scratch buffer open, even long after I had abandoned Emacs as my programming editor in favor of more recent IDE:s. The simplicity of having just one big scratch buffer appeals to me, but I still want to separate the different things I jot down somehow (without using tabs or similar). Previously, my solution was to insert a bunch of blank lines between the notes, but hitting C-A would still select the entire buffer. That's why I came up with the concept of "blocks", which turned out really well for my use cases. I decided to release Heynote, thinking it might be useful to others.

Post a Comment

0 Comments