Watch this link

New best story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Did anyone else lose their marbles?

Ask HN: Did anyone else lose their marbles?
485 by throoowwawaayy | 287 comments on Hacker News.
Typical story I imagine-- ambitious, smart, promising career, was a technical co-founder at a small startup, and things seemed fine. Then I found myself wandering in the woods all day, crying for no reason and looking for non-existent fossils, which I found. I eventually saw petrified sea creatures everywhere and stopped going to work, or answering my phone, paying bills, etc. Things ended predictably, in horrible slow motion. Now I have a two year hole in my life, and I’ll never forgive myself for what I put my family through. But nobody else will ever know that. I’m functional and back in the industry, but it’s not the sort of thing people discuss at the water cooler. So I’d like to ask if anyone else had a secret breakdown? I’m curious if my story is an outlier, or if this is one of those things that “just happens” to some people.

Post a Comment

0 Comments