Watch this link

New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Otter.ai bot recording meetings without consent

Tell HN: Otter.ai bot recording meetings without consent
578 by arcticfox | 164 comments on Hacker News.
I occasionally use Otter.ai to transcribe when I'm multitasking. Recently they made an update, which I carefully opted out of, to automatically join every meeting through my Google Calendar and transcribe it. Screenshots prove I had the feature disabled. The bot proceeded to join two confidential meetings on my behalf and record the whole thing, then email every member an absurd, inaccurate "outline" after. I am not much of a privacy person but I feel completely abused in this situation. I have opened a support ticket with screenshots but there is no response, and according to Twitter they are essentially not reviewing tickets from free users at the moment. So just a heads-up to the HN community! Are there other, more privacy oriented transcription services anyone can recommend?

Post a Comment

0 Comments